If you are having trouble using Gamemode 4 in your world, create a new thread on this forum board describing the problem and we'll try to help you. Often we can find the reason for the issue.
Before posting a new thread
There are a few common mistakes made by people trying to install modules into their world. See if you can self-diagnose the problem first by reading through this list.
- "Since I installed the modules I'm getting hundreds of spammy code messages appearing in my chat!". This is a commandblock output. Use the command /gamerule commandBlockOutput false to turn it off. /gamerule logAdminCommands false can also be used to reduce lag and is recommended.
- Is your module installed in the spawn chunks? (the place you end up if you die without a bed and where you first spawn)
- Is the clock running?
- Some module require a second "base" module, such as the custom crafter to work. Check the wiki page for your module and see if it lists any required modules there.
- Have you ONLY installed the custom crafter? It comes with no recipes of its own and needs an expansion pack to craft anything.
- Many schematics have fill and hopper clocks that are frozen when first installed. Fly down and check that these clocks are running.
- Sometimes MCEdit does strange things to armorstands. If a schematic isn't working but the clock is running, try logging out and in again or restarting your server.
- 1-Clicks install the module at bedrock level. If you're in a normal world and the module doesn't seem to have appeared, check down at the bottom of the world!
- 1-Clicks require lots of air above and around them, otherwise the minecarts get caught on blocks. Make sure there is nothing but air above and around your 1-Click command block. Be sure to power the command block from the side NOT from the top.
Creating a troubleshooting thread
When posting a new problem thread, there are a few things we'll want to know to help us find the problem right away and you can save time by including this information right away. Please tell us:
- What version(s)of Minecraft you tried installing this in and whether it is vanilla or modded (which mod/version?)
- Which module(s) you were trying to install
- Whether you tried to install this using 1-click or a schematic
- What is going wrong or isn't working (e.g. command block does nothing when powered, minecarts don't vanish after powering, module not appearing, module appearing but not working, etc.)