Gamemode 4D was a public server owned by Accidental Games. It was designed to give fans of Gamemode 4 an open server to play and experience a taste of what there is to offer (all modules used on server will be listed below). This server was the fourth iteration (Public Server IV), opened on November 10, 2017, and closed on October 29, 2018.
This server was the fourth iteration, but it was the first official GM4 server to be fully public as all previous servers had a whitelist with an application form.
Wiki pages associated with the Public Server are marked with a banner as such or in a category "GM4D" or others such as "GM4D Dimensions".
Server IP: play.gamemode4d.com
When first spawning in Gamemode 4D, you would spawn randomly in Landings. You would have a book in your inventory that explained that you have to craft a Mandala (in a normal crafting table). The Mandala allowed you to travel to different dimensions. While holding the Mandala in Landings, right clicking the particles would take you to the Overworld. This was the start of your adventure.
These are the rules that apply to all Gamemode 4 Platforms.
You are expected to know and follow them at all times. Failure to do so could result in punishment. For more detailed rules- visit the Gamemode 4 Website.
For each of the following rules, please see the website for more details.
- No Cheating
- No Stealing
- No Griefing
- Respect Others Builds
- No Spam
- No Impersonating Moderators
- Be Responsible for your Account
- No Hate Speech
- No Excessive Lag
All chat rules on the server apply to the discord server.
- Other discords related to Gamemode 4 are allowed, but not moderated, nor supported by the staff team.
- Please use the text channels for their intended purposes.
- help is strictly for contacting staff.
- If an issue needs to be brought to the attention of the staff team, you may use the ping-able roles @staff, @cmod, @mod, or @admin.
- An @admin does not need to know when you have been stolen from, and a @cmod cannot help you if you lose your player-data through some glitch.
- Try and avoid posting download links in the discord, in case the link is malicious. Instead, DM the interested people.
*These modules are only available in certain dimensions (see below)
|Master Crafting||Upper Caves|
|Zauber Cauldrons**||Dark Forest|
|Enchantment Extractor||Dark Forest|
|Lightning Rods***||Dark Forest|
**Zauber Cauldrons could be created in other dimensions, however they did not have most of their functionality unless created within the Dark Forest.
***Lightning Rods could be used in every dimension except the cave dimensions, but could only be crafted in the Dark Forest.
There were four ranks on the server. Ranks were not progression-based nor did ranks indicate extra survival features.
- Donor - Donors have a gold-coloured name. One-time donation players receive this rank for a month, Patrons of the server have the rank until the end of their patronage.
- Community Moderator - Indicated by a red "CM" in front of their names, Community Moderators can check for griefers / thieves on a server. These are assigned by the Admins.
- Moderator - Indicated by a red "M" in front of their names, Moderators can check for griefers / thieves on a server, teleport to players in need and rollback damage. These are assigned by the Admins.
- Admin - Indicated by a red "A" in front of their aqua-coloured names, Admins are responsible for the running of the server. They have OP (operator) permissions, can add, modify or remove Gamemode 4 Modules. Current server admins are Bluefire610, Sparks (from Accidental Games), SpecialBuilder32, and SpiderRobotMan.
There are several dimensions you could reach. To teleport to different dimensions you would need to use the Mandala at specific places. Below are the dimensions. For a full list of Dimensions and links, visit the Mandala page.
|Overworld||World View Destroyed||Yellowish Green|
|Upper Caves||Going Down||Gray|
|Lush||Life Finds a Way||Bright Green|
|Dark Forest||The Witching Hour||Bright Purple|
|Lower Caves||Deeper and Deeper||Black|
|Mountains||Hope you like Hiking||Dark Red|
|Moon||One Small Step||Pinkish Gray|
|Paths||Razing a Mountain||Yellowish Green|
Some dimensions were available for a limited time for a server event.
|Winter Enderland||Never Gonna Give You Up||White|
There were several differences between the normal dimensions of Minecraft and the dimensions of Gamemode 4D. The Overworld, Nether, and End had been tweaked to make the survival experience more difficult.
In this version of the overworld, there were many different characteristic than the vanilla Overworld. The bedrock layer was raised, less ore types could be found, and villagers were void from this world. Additionally, the 2 other vanilla dimensions (Nether and End) could not be accessed through this overworld. >Read more<
The Nether could not be accessed through the Overworld. To reach the Nether, a portal could be built at the very bottom area of Lower Caves. Portals in the Nether had to be below a certain height to properly activate.
Significant Dates and Moments
|9th February 2017||Bluefire610 starts releasing hints about PSIV|
|31st August 2017||Previous iteration of server shuts|
|19th October 2017||Play testing for new server begins|
|24th October 2017||Announcement of server release date and official name|
|10th November 2017||Start of Server|
|13th November 2017||The new Liquid Tanks recipe is found|
|17th November 2017||The Ender Portal is discovered on The Moon|
|18th-19th November 2017||Server Shut due to crash. Bugs fixed: Join Messages, randomly spawning at 0,0 Making travel safer.|
|27th November 2017||After many people being convinced that there were no more dimensions to find, the Paths dimension is accidentally discovered.|
|5th December 2017||After a player investigated the end portal on The Moon, and opening a seal left by the chest loot World Bender, players can now connect to a winterized end platform, complete with Christmas decor and a relatively tough parkour course.|
|19th December 2017||Thanks to the players' continued determination, the Ender Dragon has been permanently killed after a series of many fights with her that started about a week after 20 players completed the parkour course, and the World Bender has been freed. However, the unhatched dragon egg, which the Ender Dragon mentioned was her son, disappeared without a trace. A gateway to the outer end islands cannot be found, suggesting that perhaps we will fight the dragon's son in the future.|
|16th January 2018||The World Benders cleaned up the End, and moved the portal links back to their original locations on the moon (the strongholds). This means that players can now access the End. The main island remains custom, but much of the corruption from the Ender Dragon is gone--only the lifeless husk of the Device remains.|
|21st January 2018||A player invokes the dragon resurrection ritual, by placing 4 end crystals around the exit end portal. The Ender Dragon herself did not appear, only a Memory of her. The fight was just like a vanilla dragon fight, except that the Memory of the Ender Dragon occasionally summoned corrupted mandalas that had to be slain before they reached the exit end portal, lest the dragon be healed greatly. The dragon egg remains lost, and therefore there may well be a living Ender Dragon.|
|7th April 2018|
|13th October 2018|
|29th October 2018||Gamemode 4D closes.|